Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tubes

Ross took Annika to the Ears/Nose/Throat Dr. today. They gave her a hearing test and also used a sensor to see if there was any fluid. They found significant fluid built up, and because of this, she is unable to hear very low sounds. To fix these problems, they will put tubes in her ears. They opted to wait to do it during her palate surgery, since they have found cleft tubes to be ineffective without a palate.

We've also been scheduled to see her pediatrician this Friday for a weight check-in. We have still been getting up with her once at night to feed her, hoping that this will help her gain a little weight. At first it seemed to be working, as she was taking almost a full feeding more each day. But just this past week, she's started eating much less (4-5oz instead of 7-8oz at a time). The Dr. mentioned at her last appt. that she should be eating 40 oz per day in order to gain weight. Today, she had only 30 oz. My guess is that the Dr. will not be satisfied with the weight gain. We'll see.

On a completely separate note, I get to go to Grand Rapids Friday night overnight with my 2 sisters. This will be my first night leaving Ross and Annika alone! While I have no doubts that Ross is a totally capable parent, I can't help but feel a little funny about leaving. With that said, I am SO ready for some sister time and relaxation!

Anyway, check back in a few days for a weight update! Real exciting, I know the anticipation will kill you as much as it is me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment