Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good News!

Annika had her post-op appointment with Dr. Mann yesterday, and he seems really pleased with how things are looking! All of Annika's skin glue fell off Sunday night in the bathtub, so Ross and I were really able to get a first look at what the surgery did, and we think she looks great. Everything seems to be healing well! He also said we could get rid of the arm bands! This is good, because Ross and I made a parental decision to stop using them Friday already :). Dr. Mann also said he's going to go ahead and schedule her next surgery, and I can expect a letter in the mail giving me the dates. He said it will be between 4-6 months from now. I'll let everyone know once I get that date, but I don't anticipate hearing anything for about a month.

Also, After a week's worth of seemingly sleepless nights, Annika slept 11 hours Sunday night and took a few big naps yesterday....I think she's back to her normal self!!! I can't describe to you how much this excites me. I also notice a huge change in her mood too...still spoiled, but less crabby!

Finally, at Annika's 4 month appt. with the pediatrician, her Dr. said we could gradually introduce her to solids whenever we're ready. I was going to wait until July, but I picked up some rice cereal at the grocery store yesterday and then couldn't resist trying last night already. She looked confused the whole 10 bites she took, but she didn't scream, so I am taking it as a good sign. It's difficult to fit a small spoon in her mouth with her gum area still sticking out of her mouth (there's not much of an opening), and since she can't close her mouth all the way, I anticipate solids being a bit more messy than normal, but we'll see once! If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep it from drooling out of her mouth, please let me know!


2 comments:

  1. yahoo! glad to hear doctor agrees that everything is going so well! such a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are accepting but not giving advice. One week of attempting and I'm not sure we've had any swallowed. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete